OPEN Tournament of International Draughts
valid for FMJD Rating (40%)
Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 March 2022
Via B. Longhena 42 (main entrance Via San Marco 9/11)
With the patronage of
Tournament rules and regulations
1. The “XXV Cup City of Verona – Memorial Enrico Molesini”, OPEN tournament of international draughts, will take place in Verona (Italy), on the 26th and the 27th of March 2022, at Hotel San Marco, Via B. Longhena 42.
Start: Saturday 26 March, at 13:30.
End: Sunday, 27 March, at 17:30.
Inscriptions are taken on Saturday 26 between 13:00 and 13:30.
2. All players, either members of the Italian Draughts Federation for 2022 or members of another Draughts Federation affiliated to FMJD, may enroll in the tournament. Foreign players are kindly requested to communicate their presence in advance by e-mail or mobile to Mr. Emanuele Danese (see below contacts in “Organization and contacts”).
3. Italian players will be registered with their FID Rating. Foreign players who don’t have a FID Rating will be registered using the conversion formula for their FMJD Rating into FID Rating, in accordance with FID and FMJD regulations.
4. There will be only one main group (OPEN) for all the players.
Participants will play 6 rounds of games. The FID (Italian-)Swiss system will be employed.
A time control of 30 minutes plus 30 seconds of recharge per move (Fischer system) will be applied.
Results will count towards the FID Rating (100%) and the FMJD Rating (40%).
5. For Italian players of the last category there will be a special group on Sunday.
6. The enrolment fee is 15 € (free for GMIs and GMIFs).
7. The Closing Ceremony with the award of prizes is scheduled at about 17:00 on Sunday 27.
8. The Main Arbiter is allowed to adapt the general FID rules and regulations for competitions in order to conduct the tournament at its best.
9. Any player may lodge a complaint with the Main Arbiter, together with the amount of 30 €. Money will be returned if the complaint is accepted.
10. The FID Covid-19 safety protocol will be in place (see below). For all the remaining issues the general FID and FMJD rules and regulations will be in place.
Schedule - OPEN GROUP
Saturday 26 March: 1st round at 13:30
2nd round at 15:40 (estimated)
3rd round at 17:50 (estimated)
Sunday 27 March: 4th round at 9:00
5th round at 11:10 (estimated)
6th round at 14:30 (estimated)
The total amount of prizes is 2,000 €.
Several categories of prizes will be in place: the first category will be based on the final General Ranking, others will be formed according to a “formal” subdivision of the players into equal subgroups (1 every 15 players), based on their initial FID rating, plus one for women. Assuming a number of players between 46 and 60, prizes (in €) will be:
First Second Third Fourth Women
1° 300 100 60 60 80
2° 200 80 50 50 60
3° 120 60 40 40 50
4° 100 40 30 30 40
5° 80 30
If the number of players is less than 46 or more than 60, the prize money will be adjusted (keeping the total unchanged, or possibly increasing it) and communicated before the start of the competition.
Prizes are not cumulative between groups: the highest prize excludes the other, with the next player in the ranking being awarded.
Cup to the first 3 classified, to the first woman, to the first junior, first cadet and first mini-cadet. Prize for the player from the farthest Italian club.
The tournament will be held at Hotel San Marco Fitness Pool & SPA, via B. Longhena 42 (also via S. Marco 9/11), in the city of Verona, pretty close to the railway Station (connection through buses n. 11 and 95), and to the beautiful city center. The Hotel has its own (free) car park.
Hotel San Marco contacts: Tel. +39 045 8944292. E-mail: email@example.com
Web site: www.sanmarco.vr.it.
The FLIXBUS Verona bus stop is next to the railway station. Closest airports are Verona (Villafranca), VRN, and Milan Bergamo (Orio al Serio), BGY.
NOTE that to enter Italy it is NOT necessary any more to test negative for Covid, but just to show a valid Green Pass. However, people from outside the EU should have made a vaccine approved by EMA (otherwise they need testing). No quarantine is required.
Accommodation and meals
It is possible to book the accommodation at the same Hotel San Marco, with a 10% discount for the occasion, on the website www.sanmarco.vr.it, by entering the Coupon "torneodama22" (prices to rise with time, starting from 64 € for a single room and 68 € for a double).
There is a well-stocked bar at the hotel (especially for quick lunches/snacks on Saturdays and Sundays). The hotel has a restaurant, but at the moment it is only available by (early) reservation: for dinners we recommend a pizzeria/restaurant in the area (Piazza San Zeno is a 10-minute walk away) or a room delivery service.
Anti-Covid 19 provisions
The competition will be organised according to the FID Covid-19 protocol. Plexiglass separators will be used for the first 24 boards, whilst for the remaining ones the players will have to wear a visor; all players will have to use an FFP2 mask during the games.
If necessary, visors may be purchased at the venue at the price of 2 €, and FFP2 masks at 0.5 €. Compulsory control of body temperature not exceeding 37.5°C, together with a valid 2G Green Pass (Covid certificate as fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19). Physical distancing and use of sanitizing gel will be required.
Organization and contacts
The Tournament is organized by the Veronese draughts club, “Circolo Damistico Veronese “Enrico Molesini””, under the supervision of its President, National Master Emanuele Danese:
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· mobile: +39 329 4026314
· Facebook: Event Page: XXV Coppa Città di Verona - Memorial "Enrico Molesini"